Web Site Security and Privacy
Assicurazioni Generali pays the utmost attention to the confidentiality, protection and security of information in its possession, particularly if it contains personal data of people with whom it comes into contact or which it collects from users of its website (“Users”).
This document describes the management of the website and the processing of Users’ personal data. This information on the processing of personal data is provided for Users of Assicurazioni Generali’s internet services, as required by Articles 13 and 14 of EU Regulation no. 679/2016 of 27 April 2016 (“Regulation”).
Users of the website are invited to visit the sections of the Privacy area containing the guidelines adopted by the Company for the protection of personal data. Further information regarding the processing of personal data, as specified in Articles 13 and 14 of EU Regulation no. 679/2016 of 27 April 2016, is available at this privacy notice.
The information is provided and is valid only for the Generali Group’s Historical Archives website, not for other websites accessed through external links.
Anyone wishing to contact us or to seek clarification after reading the present information should provide us only with data strictly relevant to their communication. Because Assicurazioni Generali will respond to requests arising directly from such data, it will not seek consent for its processing.
As described in the Privacy & GDPR section of Generali Group’s Historical Archives website, Assicurazioni Generali has set up an organisation specifically to ensure full compliance with current privacy legislation.
Although no personal data needs to be provided when our website is used solely for browsing, we use technologies that involve the storage of some data relating to the User’s browsing activity.
The information below describes the active and passive methods of collection of information regarding the Users and tools that interact with this site, as well as the security measures in force.
During website navigation by a User who has not registered and does not play an active role, there may be some collection of information, defined as passive data collection. The following points describe how IP addresses, cookies and other session identifiers, as well as navigation data in particular are used, including the possibility of blocking of them and the effects of doing so.
With regard to passive data collection, the site:
- does not process IP addresses to collect information, but stores them as navigation data;
- uses navigation data solely for aggregated statistical purposes;
- uses technical cookies to make navigation possible or functional to the extent strictly necessary to provide a service requested by the User, in compliance with Directive 2002/58/EC as implemented in current privacy legislation. It does not request user consent for these activities.
The following information applies to active data collection, if any:
- E-Mail: data received through the website’s e-mail facility is used exclusively to respond to User requests, and is kept only for statistical purposes and to check the existence of any previous accesses.
Single names may be stored in specific Mailing Lists only after explicit consent from Users who wish to receive given documents regularly (e.g., newsletters, etc.).
- Registration: the site provides a special data entry form for access to certain services. Entered data is used solely to respond to requests from the sender or to provide the services requested, and for no other purposes.